Working Fires Come Early in the New Year
Company 5 has run 7 working fires in eight days; Two of these calls were in CHVFD’s first due. Here are a list of those calls:
- Jan 2: 6500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue (Company 26). Truck 5 was alerted for a garden apartment fire. Bat. Chief 3 arrived on the scene with smoke showing. Engine 271 found a fire on the second floor. E26, 27, 23, 29, Truck 5, 22, Rescue Squad 8 and Truck 17 Ran extra. The fire was contained to the second floor apartment in the back bedroom. Truck 5 performed duties on Side 3 and checked for exposures. cleared the scene less then an hour. Battalion Chief 3 had command, Interior Command Chief 27B , Safety-Safety Officer 2.
- Jan 3: At approximately 0800 units E26, 37,23, 29, Truck 5, 22, Rescue Squad 8 were dispatched for a townhouse fire in the 1400 block of Karen Blvd. Truck 5 was positioned on side one and conducted first due truck operations. Bat. Chief 3 and 37 had command.
- Jan 4: Units were dispatched to a first Due house fire in the 1000 block of Capitol Heights Blvd. E-5, 8,26, Truck 17, Rescue Squad 27. Eng. 51 arrived on the scene to find a fire in the back bedroom. The fire was quickly extinguished and overhauled. Units cleared little over an hour later.
- Jan 4: Units Egnines 38, 8,33, Truck 5 Rescue Squad 22 were dispatched to a house fire in the 1000 block of 60th Ave. (Company 38) Units arrived on the scene with smoke showing. Upon entry, crews found fire in the walls of a house under renovation. Chief 33B had command and Chief 5A had interior. Units returned to service after about 45 minutes.
- Jan 5: In the early morning fire units were dispatched for an apartment fire in the 1500 block of Southview Drive (Company 42). Engine 421 arrived on the scene with level one operations with fire on the first floor. The fire was contained to the apartment. Truck 5 was assigned the RIC team. Truck 5 cleared after 45 mins.
- Jan 5: At 1630 hours units were special to a apartment fire at 4400 block of Rena Road (Company 23). Units were dispatched for a gas leak and found smoke in the building.
- Jan 7: Just before 0100 units were dispatched to a apartment fire at 1600 block of Brightseat (Company 33). Engine 331, Tower 33, Chief 33, Engines 38, 37, 46, Truck 5, Truck 22, Rescue Squad 8 were dispatched. Chief 33 arrived on the scene with smoke showing. Truck 5 was positioned on side 3 They laddered side 3 and checked for extensions. The fire was contained to the second floor apartment by Company 33.
- Jan 8: Units were alerted to a first due fire in the 5200 block of Cumberland St. Engines 5,8,38,Truck 17, Rescue Squad 22 responded. Engine 51 arrived on the scene to find a rear bedroom on fire. Engine 51 pulled attacked line and the fire was contained to the rear bedroom.